Mail your completed N-400, photos, fee (or fee waiver application), and any other required documents to the correct address listed in the N-400 instructions at the USCIS website.
If you are in the military, mail it to the address listed for military applicants.
- Review, print and sign your completed Form N-400.
- Include a check, money order, or your application for a fee waiver.
- Use the Checklist at your Citizenshipworks account to make sure you have all the required documents. If any of those documents is not in English, you must also send an English translation.
- Mail your application and documents to the correct address: https://www.uscis.gov/n-400
- Important! Make copies of all pages of your N-400 form and the required documents. Keep these for your records.
How to Prepare
- After you apply, USCIS will send you a Receipt Notice to say they received your application. If they need more information or documents, they will send another letter.
- Later, they will mail you information about a biometrics appointment and your citizenship interview (also called the test). Do NOT miss this appointment!
- Citizenshipworks Mobile App. Download the mobile app for iOS or Android phones to get the Checklist.
- USCIS Form M-477 Document Checklist. A checklist of documents you need to include with your application.
USCIS Case Status Online. After you get a receipt for your application, you can check your case status online at the USCIS website.