Mail your completed N-400, photos, fee (or fee waiver application), and any other required documents to the correct address listed in the N-400 instructions at the USCIS website.
If you are in the military, mail it to the address listed for military applicants.
- Review, print, and sign your completed Form N-400.
- Click Gather Documents to make sure you have all the required documents. If any of those documents is not in English, you must also send an English translation.
- Include a check, money order, or your application for a fee waiver.
- Mail your application, documents, and fee/fee waiver to the correct address: https://www.uscis.gov/n-400
- Important! Make copies of all pages of your N-400 form and the required documents. Keep these for your records.
How to Prepare
- After you apply, USCIS will send you a Receipt Notice to say they received your application. If they need more information or documents, they will send another letter.
- Later, they will mail you information about a biometrics appointment and your citizenship interview (also called the test). Do NOT miss this appointment!
- Citizenshipworks Mobile App. Download the mobile app for iOS or Android phones to get the Checklist.
- USCIS Form M-477 Document Checklist. A checklist of documents you need to include with your application.
USCIS Case Status Online. After you get a receipt for your application, you can check your case status online at the USCIS website.