You can start filling out your N-400 Application after you create an account.
- Sign in to your account;
- From your Dashboard, select Application;
- Press the green Start button towards the bottom of the page;
- If you have already started and are returning, you can jump to any section by using the navigation menu on the left.
- Read the instructions and answer the questions honestly. Be very careful! If you do not provide exact and correct information for every answer, USCIS may deny your application. In some situations, you could even be deported.
- If you have incomplete questions or red flags (potential legal problems), you will see a watermark on your application. It says “Draft. Do Not File.” If your application has these words, do not mail it in yet! You can find more information about red flags here: (link to article).
- When your N-400 is complete, mail it to USCIS along with the required photos, money order, cashier’s check, or personal check for the fee (or fee waiver application), and other required documents. Visit USCIS’ website to find where to mail your form: https://www.uscis.gov/n-400
- Use the Checklist from your Citizenshipworks account to make sure you have all the required documents. If any of your required documents are not in English, you must also send an English translation. Important! Make copies of all pages of your N-400 form and the required documents. Keep these for your records.
- Mail your application to the address listed in the N-400 instructions at the USCIS website. https://www.uscis.gov/n-400
If you are in the military, mail it to the address listed for military applicants.